Frequently asked questions
Who is this for?
Recommended for ages 12+... but we’ve seen it all.
- Children as young as 8 years old completing the project with a parent
- College students wanting an extra hands on learning experience they aren't getting in university
- Parents wanting to create meaningful experiences with their teenagers
- Homeschool parents wanting to include electronics in their curriculum
- Adults wanting to start a new interesting hobby
- 65 year old retirees wanting to keep their mind sharp and be tech literate.
- Essentially, if you want to learn electronics or C++ programming, Creation Crate is the tech subscription box for you!
All of the electronic kits are going to be different depending on the project, but the 3 main things you will receive are:
- An UNO R3 microcontroller, which is like a pocket-sized computer (and is also Arduino compatible)
- Various electronic components
- Access to online courses
Do I need any prior experience?
No experience is necessary! You can start as a complete beginner and have no problem finishing (and understanding) the first project.
What programming language will I learn?
All of Creation Crate’s projects use the Arduino language (C/C++). We focus on teaching real world skills that will be used in everyday tech careers.
What components will I learn about?
You will gain hands on learning experience with UNO R3 (Arduino compatible) microcontrollers, breadboards, piezo buzzers, light emitting diodes (LED), ultrasonic sensors, accelerometers, 7-segment displays, LCD screens, microphone modules, temperature humidity sensors, LED matrices, photoresistors, buttons, and jumper wires.
What's inside the online classroom?
Inside the Online Classroom you will find step by step instructions on how to assemble the hardware, video tutorials for components, tutorials on how to program your project.
Also an overview of common errors, exercises to test your new knowledge, and a messaging board to help troubleshoot and answer any questions you have.
Do you offer any support?
We offer one on one support through email, phone, and video!
No matter what problem you are trying to troubleshoot, Creation Crate will get on a call with you and go step by step through your project until it is completed.
That is our promise to you!
What is the return policy?
Free & Easy Returns! If you aren’t happy, you are able to refund and return your kit within 14 days after shipment. Have a missing or broken part? Get spare parts sent to you for FREE! There’s a reason people say our “customer support is the best EVER”. If there is an issue or problem, we will make it right.
When will I get my first shipment?
We ship projects within 2-4 days of purchase. Shipments are usually received within 3-5 business days of transit in the US and Canada. Order by December 18th to make sure your order arrives by December 25th. Please be advised that shipping in the holidays may be subject to delays from carriers. International shipments spend 8-21 days in transit.